Thursday, January 1, 2009

Eid al-Fitr 1428 H

The blessed month of Ramadan year 1428 Hijrah had ended and the blissful month of Shawwal gave its rise.

Celebration Day

I was arrived at Kelantan Student Hostel at District 7 of Nasr City, Cairo on a day before Eid to attend the Eid Well-Wishing Ceremony and Tasbīh prayer representing Kelantan medical students of Mansoura University. At the ceremony, I was honored for being given a chance to deliver a speech and to wish all Kelantanese students in Egypt a happy and blessed Eid. After the ceremony, we were served Eid cookies and some breads as well as a glass of coffee for each of us. As a consequence, I was unable to sleep on that night due to caffeine intake.

Father called me at 1.50 am after receiving my SMS asking him to call me. It’s because I weren’t able to buy telephone credit to call my family in Malaysia in conjunction with the Eid and I had no other resort. So, I sent him SMS and asked him to call me. I spoke to my family for 6 minutes before returned to bed. Since I couldn’t sleep, I could hear many strange ‘hymns’ and see a person experiencing strange nightmare.

I woke up at 4.30 am, took bath and had my morning prayer. Then, I took my breakfast and went to Musa ibn Nusair mosque to have Eid prayer and listened to Eid sermon. After that, I went to Kelantan Student Hostel to attend MAAF '07 (Majlis Aidilfitri 2007) - an official open-house organized by KPKM. The ceremony begins with speeches, followed by nasheed performance and ended by feast. It was a joyous occasion.

Well-wishers. From left: Shakir, Faisal, Faris, Ilham, Haikal and Ashraf

Haikal, Ashraf and Shakir

Kelantan Student Hostel during MAAF 2007

After delivering his official Eid speech. Never wished to have a Chief like him...

After Zuhr prayer, together with Haikal, Faris, Faeid and Shakir, led by brother Malik, we went to visit open-house around District 7 and the roam ended just before ‘Asr prayer. These freeloaders continued roaming after Maghreb prayer and this time their destination is 10th District. Two houses were under attack.

Abg Din’s home-made Eid ‘kahks‘ (English: cookies). Who said that Malaysians in Egypt are desperate for Eid cookies?

The Eid celebration was continued on next day as these freeloaders’ energy were drained out...

Shawwal the 2nd, 1428 Hijrah

The celebration started after ‘Asr prayer. First, YDP KPKM’s open-house. Next, Ust Rosdi Senik’s open-house. Then, Ust Najid’s open-house. And after that, Ahmad Muhaimin Mustapha’s open-house.

Bunch of freeloaders at KPKM Chief’s open-house

Making hilarious Eid parody

But this time, a large group consist of fourteen freeloaders namely me, Faris, Farid, Faeid, Shakir, Haikal, Azlee, Najib, Albaihaqi, Muaz, Mat, Taufik and KPKM Chief went to these open-houses. This time KPKM's Deputy Chief led our journey to these open-houses. Same as the day before, though. Nothing special. But, it didn’t matter. As long as we’re full, it’s okay. (Grin)

Shawwal the 3rd, 1428 Hijrah

I was staying at Sayeda Zeinab, Cairo to help Faris, Faeid, Damak, Haikal and Shakir for their open-house. The open-house was at Haikal’s house. They imported a special chef from Abbasiah to cook curry noodles and the man was Adli. I just helped them to prepare drinks. I made rose syrup and it was too sweet. Many guests complained. Nonetheless, Adli’s curry noodle was very special and it was worth for the guests to come and tasted it.

Menu of the day: curry noodles. Prepared by Adli and the crew

After that, I went to Yusri Arif’s house just a storey above Haikal’s house together with Ust Hafiz, TYDP, Deq Mad, Taufik and Shakir. There, we tasted delicious Eid cookies from the landlord. It felt like having Eid in Malaysia and maybe even better than that, so as to say! Thanks to all. The next day, our lectures start but this year’s Eid is really meaningful for me.

At Yusri’s house with KPKM's Deputy Chief (now an ex-)

Shawwal the 4th, 1428 Hijrah

Non-heavy downpour in Cairo, and elsewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment