Thursday, January 1, 2009

Summertime Blues...

“Sometimes I wonder what I’m gonna do because there ain’t no cure for the summertime blues...”
-Rush

Exam is just ended and behold, the summer holiday is just started!

In front of Sultan Hassan’s mosque with Faris

At Sultan Hassan’s Square, with Faeid. Behind us is Saladin Citadel compound and Mosque of Mohamed Ali.

I went to Mugamma’ Tahrir to apply for re-entry visa. The clerk said my passport can be taken back at 2.30 pm. Since there was 5 hours to wait until 2.30 pm, so I went to Nasser Metro Station to get microbus to go to Malaysian Embassy at Mohandessin as told (read: misguided) by my friend in Mansoura. However, when I arrived there, there was no microbus to Mohandessin except to Kubbar and el-Amirah. I was so extremely mad. I then took a 357 bus, hopefully, it will go to Mohandessin, Giza.

During my journey, I felt strange as the bus wasn’t using the route to the Embassy. It used different route and took too much time to reach the ‘Embassy’. The journey ended at Great Pyramid of Giza station and I wasn’t intended to go there even though I was carrying my matric card and adequate amount to pay for entrace to the historical site of one of the ‘Seven Wonders of the World’. I need to go to the Embassy to take letter of support to perform Umrah in the Holy Cities of Makkah and Madinah, that matters the most!

Feeling tired, grumpy and disappointed, I had to take the same bus to return to Tahrir. I stopped in the middle of the journey and visited my friends in Sayeda Zeinab. After spending 2 hours there, I went back to Mugamma’ to take my passport and then return to District 7 of Nasr City.

Window shopping at City Stars, Cairo. From right: Me, Azim, Faris & Shakir

All these happened on the 1st of July year 2007, one of the hottest day in summer as the temperature nearly reached 40° Celsius in Cairo.

No comments:

Post a Comment