Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bloopers

Oops! Berita Harian did it again!

Click the image below for larger view.

Below is the zoomed version. Click for larger view.

They translated the word 'Consultative' from the NGO's name into 'Perundangan' in Malay. How surprising! The only Malay word I know which gives a meaning for 'consultative' in English is 'perundingan.'

Plus, is there any belief out there called Toa? The Taoists must feel insulted!

Now, I know why my dad didn't want to read the newspaper anymore.

Similar but slightly different situation happened to me. Some Malaysian students from Al-Manṣūrah blamed me for being insolent just because I used phrase 'pet name' instead of 'nickname.' They accused me for referring them as 'animals' and demanded me an apology. What the hell? Instead of looking up in dictionary what 'pet name' means, they instantly 'assaulted' me and called me an insensitive person. Wow, seems that some people just know how to mark their territories and go against me. But, all they do is acting like smart asses without realizing that they're just some faction of morons.

Thus, proving my point that those Al-Manṣūrah group of medical students really are incompetent in English and only know how to say to lecturers, "can you explain in English?" I bet they don't even know what that means.

4 comments:

  1. Aduh.. ko guna cili apa ni ceroj?

    Satu perkataan lagi ko x highlight.. 'Malayisa'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yalah. Perkataan Malayisa tertinggal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe... tembakan ceroj tetap power dan padu. :)

    ReplyDelete