Saturday, April 10, 2010

Buying Tickets

Last year, I was thinking of going to go outside Egypt during this year’s winter break. And, I had decided to visit Jordan, Syria and Turkey.

On January 14th this year, during break before we started ophthalmology round, I went to Cairo to buy ferry and bus tickets.

To buy those tickets, you need to bring money (of course) and your passport.

First, I went to Arab Bridge Maritime representative office at Abdel Khalek Tharwat Street, Cairo; somewhere near Nasser Metro station.


I bought fast ferry tickets (قارب), five of them. I paid US$ 70 plus 50 LE tax for each ticket. For Egyptians, the ticket price is less expensive.

Then, I went to International Bus Terminal (ٱلمحطة ٱلدولية) at Abbassia to buy bus tickets for journey from Cairo to Nuweiba. As for foreigners, different fare is charged: 70 LE for each ticket whilst Egyptians only paid 50 LE for the same lousy bus service. No tax is included.


After that, I caught up with my friends at City Stars and devoured a bowl of ramen at Wagamama.

No comments:

Post a Comment